Grand Canyon University Innovation Center 5115 N 27th Ave BLDG 66 Phoenix, AZ 85017
Digitile’s AI data-driven document organization platform solves a ubiquitous pain point in the workplace that is even more relevant with the shift to working from home as employees struggle to find information across Google Suite, MSFT Office, Slack, Zoom, and more. The Employee workflow is ripe for disruption, and there is a massive market gap between Cloud Storage & Digital Asset Management solutions that has left users stuck. Join Digitile to work on building a revolutionary light-weight Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution that personalizes the way teams work without changing behavior through a convenient Chrome extension.
Digitile is looking for a talented, friendly and thoughtful Backend Engineer to join us in creating the future of feedback. As one of the first 10 employees at Digitile, you’ll get to work on our most interesting and impactful challenges. Together, we can help professionals everywhere organize their files across their entire workplace file ecosystem.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Digitile allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Prefer local to Phoenix but remote considered
The engineer in this role will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining services as part of a larger microservices environment.
- Building and maintaining Kafka topics as needed and the messages and message schemas that are published to and consumed from those topics.
- Building integrations with 3rd party applications using best in class API protocols
- Writing fast efficient code in an environment that relies on async messaging, concurrency, and eventual consistency.
- Contributing to the creation and enforcement of engineering standards on the team.
- Performing thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code
- Participating in project scoping, resource planning, timeline estimations, and feature demonstrations as part of the SDLC
- Participating in code reviews
- Following agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
- Staying up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Recent work experience as a backend developer using Node.js
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience
- Thorough working knowledge of the Node environment and ES6
- Knowledge of Docker containers
- Advanced knowledge of consuming API protocols
- Working knowledge of modern authentication systems
Bonus but not required:
- Experience with Kafka messages and Kafka Streams
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform & AWS
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- Experience working with Elastic Search
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced and (small “a”) agile environment
- Must enjoy learning new things whether it’s a new library, framework, process or a visual design concept
- Must have a passion for ownership
- Must have a willingness to step outside of comfort zones
- Competitive salary
- 100% full medical
- Paid time off: 15 days vacation, 5 sick days, 7 holidays
- New Computer & Monitor
- Fun & Transparent Atmosphere